Okay, this post has been a loooong time coming. In fact, I cannot believe it’s taken me this long to “bring you guys into my bedroom”. My very zen bedroom.
I guess because a bedroom can be a very private thing, and believe it or not, I do keep a lot of my life private.
BUT, I’m a sharer, you know this. And when it comes to my zen bedroom vibes, it’s VERY specific. I cannot have a messy, cluttery bedroom, or it messes with me. I truly feel like the spaces that you spend most of your time in, needs to be exactly how you want to feel.
If I have a messy work area/desk, I’m going to be super unproductive. If I have a disorganized kitchen, I’ll never fucking cook in it. And if my bedroom doesn’t have a peaceful, zen-like vibe, my sleep will be off.
Honestly, that’s just my opinion. But I feel like there’s some real truth behind that.
+ Check out my post in 4 Wellness Tips to Relax Your Mind.
Anyway, my space is very important to me, and my bedroom has ALL the vibes. It’s very peaceful. Like, I never want to leave. In fact, since quarantine happened, I’ve honestly been enjoying it wayyy more.
On that note, I want to bring you guys in. Like I’ve always said, when something is working for me, I feel the need to share that with you guys. Take what you want, leave what you don’t. I feel as though my bedroom has the right atmosphere, so I want to share some of the things from my zen bedroom that I’m obsessed with.
Also, let’s backtrack for a second. About a year ago, I was sleeping terribly! Like, I actually came to you guys for help on Instagram. And of course, you came through with SO MANY amazing suggestions. I wrote two blog posts on this.
Find How to Sleep Better and my Endy Mattress Review.
Since then, I’ve been working on all sorts of things to make sure my sleep is immaculate. There’s nothing worse than tossing and turning all night. To be honest, these tips have changed the way I sleep! Which is why I want to share them with you. (In case anyone else is having trouble sleeping)
Let’s get into it, shall we?
1. THE BEST HUMIDIFIER, EVER
Okay, I cannot say enough good things about humidifiers in general, however, this one that I have, is just AMAZING. I’m a little bit obsessed with humidifiers – we have two in our bedroom. But the one pictured here, is right by my bed.
Guys, this not only helps wind-down in the most relaxing way, but it’s also amazing for your skin. You know when you wake up with that dry feeling on your face and body? Well, this humidifier helps with that. You actually feel hydrated in the morning.
BENEFITS OF HUMIDIFIERS:
- Prevents dry skin: Dry air can cause dry skin. When your skin is dry, it may crack and wrinkle more easily. This can be super uncomfortable. Also, when you have dry air in your home, using lotions and chapstick may not be enough to rehydrate your skin. Humidifiers, along with creams, can help retain skins moisture, reduce itchiness, and help with sleep.
- The moisture helps prevent colds and flus: Air at acceptable levels of humidity that is not too dry can lessen the infectivity of airborne viruses.
- Helps with congestion: Humidifiers can help by adding moisture to the area, which might help break up the congestion in your nose, chest, and throat.
- Keeps your hair and scalp healthy: Just like the skin on the rest of your body, your scalp can become dry and irritated when there is a lack of moisture in the air. Since it is made up of collagen, your hair needs a certain amount of moisture.
2. THE PERFECT BEDDING
Okay, so we’ve been sleeping on the Endy Mattress and pillows for over a year now, and this is where it all changed for me. My sleep went from terrible, to the deepest sleep of life. I can say with confidence that this mattress changed my life and is one of the best additions to our zen bedroom.
So, it only made sense to get the Endy Luxe Sateen Sheets, King Duvet and the Organic Cotton Duvet Cover.
We sleep on a King mattress (which is LIFE, BTW) and this whole sheet set has made a huge difference. I chose the Alpine White, of course. Our entire bedroom is white with a grey bed frame and lots of black accents. It’s CHIC, you know? No colour, plz & thx.
These sheets feel like butter. So soft and comfy, you will never want to leave. It’s actually like sleeping on a cloud. I have always been obsessed with bedsheets. I’m weird like that. I have felt up a million different sheets, and I’m extremely specific with what I sleep on.
These sheets have passed every test! One major thing is, I run very hot at night, so I need breathable sheets that won’t stick to me once I get a little hot. I need sheets and duvets that are cool to the touch once I’m hot. Which these are exactly that.
ENDY LUXE SATEEN SHEETS:
- 100% sateen weave long-staple cotton
- 480 thread count
- Hypoallergenic, machine washable
- Breathable design
- They actually get softer with every wash
ENDY DUVET & ORGANIC COTTON DUVET COVER:
- 100% vegan down alternative
- Anti-bunching baffle box construction – The innovative baffle box design keeps the filling evenly distributed.
- Loops are included to prevent the duvet from moving around in its cover.
- Just the right temperature for every Canadian season.
- Machine washable
- Zero motion transfer – Each open air cell in the Endy Mattress works like a little shock absorber, eliminating motion transfer in real time. So you can move around all you want, and your partner won’t feel a thing!
- Unlike traditional memory foam, Endy foam is not temperature sensitive. It’s got a consistent feel and firmness year-round, through every Canadian season.
- Endy foam releases body heat faster than conventional foam, ensuring a cool and comfortable sleep all night long.
Guys, the Endy products are no joke! They are tried and test by both Andrew and I, and we LOVE their products. We even have their pillows which are customizable. You literally choose how much foam you want in them for the perfect height and firmness. Like, this makes SO much sense.
3. SCENTUALS SLEEP WELL MIST
Another major tip for having the best sleep and creating a zen bedroom, is this pillow and room mist. Andrew made fun of me when I got this spray, and now he fucking loves it.
Let me tell you, it reduces stress immediately, and creates a calming mood. In fact, if you and your significant other are arguing about something dumb before bed, just spray a little of this around the room, and watch how the mood changes. LOL.
This Sleep Well pillow & room mist is made with a blend of chamomile and lavender to restore a sense of peace, while ylang ylang and jasmine inspire harmonious dreams. The calming aroma will help your mind to unwind, relax and sleep restfully.
Honestly, I’ve tried a bunch of room sprays, and I really love this one. It’s light and not too strong of a scent. You don’t want your nose clogged up from scents before going to bed. You just want it light and fresh.
4. SOUND MACHINE
I mean, there’s literally nothing that puts me right to sleep like a white noise machine. This is the BEST one. I feel like this really doesn’t need much of an explanation, because I’ve talked about this so much on the blog/IG.
It’s got 6 different sounds like ocean, rain, thunder, forest etc. and 10 different white noise sounds specifically. I like the natural sound of a fan.
Helps me sleep like a baby!
5. READING LIGHT
Nothing irritates me more at night than bright lights. I like my bedroom dim, so that we’re creating zen-like vibes and a peaceful atmosphere. We have the prettiest chandelier that hangs above our bed, which has soft yellow light. It’s perfect for winding down.
However, both Andrew and I love to read before bed. And I want the lights nice and dim. So, we got reading lights. This one is perfect as it doesn’t disturb the other person. You can just clip it on your book, and you’re good to go!
Having plants in the bedroom not only make your room feel super cozy and peaceful, but there are benefits in having greenery in the bedroom and in your home in general.
- They purify the air – They absorb and trap some of the toxins in the bedroom and release oxygen, thus making the air that you breathe cleaner. These air purifying plants for bedroom can also create a fresh sleeping environment.
- They help relieve stress – Taking care of your plants as you wind down for the day can help reduce the feeling of stress and anxiety. Even touching the leaves of your plants for 2 minutes can have a positive impact on your stress levels.
Candles might be the most cliché way of winding down, but really, they are AMAZING. Nothing gets you more relaxed and calm like a few good candles. I personally love lightly scented candles, but I know a lot of people don’t like strong smells in the bedroom.
Not only do candles help you relax and get you ready for bed, but it can also get you into a sexy, romantic mood. Whip out your coconut oil lube, and get busy. 😉
Skincare is obviously a must. I actually head into the bedroom a full 15 minutes before Andrew even gets there, because that’s how long my skincare routine takes. I’m not going to go into skincare in this post, because there are lots of posts on my skincare routines.
However, I am currently loving Tula cleanser, Vivier serums, Victoria Radford’s AHA toner and eye cream, and IT Cosmetics Beauty Sleep moisturizer.
So, that’s how I turn my bedroom into a peaceful, romantic, calming, zen-like space. Nothing is more important than sleep to me. It’s a total mood booster, and when I don’t get enough sleep, I can 100% feel it in my mood swings the next day.
On that note, I’m heading to the zen bedroom for my skincare routine, spraying a little Sleep Well mist on my pillow, and getting cozy with my Endy sheets!
Zzzzzzzz, kim, Xx
++ If you liked this post, check out my post on Handling Stress.
+++ Also, check out the Best Sleep Gadgets!
10 thoughts on “TURN YOUR BEDROOM INTO A PEACEFUL, ZEN-LIKE SPACE.”
I love this post, your bedroom is stunning. I love the ideas you gave. I love having candles in my room and plants.
Thanks for your comment! 🙂 Glad you enjoyed the post.
Love your tips and product info! Your room is stunning!
Thanks so much! Hope it helps xx
Truly an oasis. Thank you for inspiring girl ❤️
No problem! Hope it helps. xx
Great tips to ensure a comfy and great night of sleep! I am big fan of the humidifier, candle or oil diffuser at night!
Humidifier is SUCH a must for me! Thanks for your comment xx
Thank you so much for posting about this! I will be honest, its been hard trying to make my room as peaceful as possible because now that I am working at home, I feel like it is more of a work space and I am trying my best to make it my calming place. I will for sure look into these products and transform it into a peaceful place.
Thanks for your comment Joyce! And I totally get what you mean. It’s SO hard to be in a position like that. Which is why I’ve taken extra steps to make my bedroom more zen. Xx