Okay, let’s talk healthy breakfast ideas, because I’m a LOVER of breakfasts (always have been!) The second I wake up, my stomach wants food.
Here’s a quick rundown of my mornings:
- Wake up and make the bed immediately. I can’t continue the day when I know the bed isn’t made. My 8475 pillows and all.
- Open up the blinds for some light. Darkness in the mornings doesn’t suit me. I need light shining in.
- Quick 6 minute stretches to wake up the body. I’ve recently started doing this and LOVE it.
- Morning skincare routine – Read the details here. It’s very specific so it needed it’s own blog post.
- Depending on what’s on the agenda for the day, I’ll either stay in my robe for coffee or change for a meeting.
- Come downstairs for coffee. My De’Longhi coffee maker makes coffee at 8am, so it’s already ready for me to pour.
- While I sip my coffee I start making breakfast.
So as you can see, my mornings are specific. And it get’s even more detailed as the day goes on, but we’ll get into that in another post. I have always said, mornings set the tone for your day. How you wake up and handle your morning can affect your ENTIRE day. So, make it good.
Anyway, getting back to healthy breakfast ideas. I have been sharing some breakfast recipes on IG Stories that you guys have been loving lately, so I thought I would make it a blog post where you can refer to it whenever you want.
When it comes to breakfast, I need quick, healthy, and something that will keep me full until about 1:00pm for lunch. Like a McDonalds bagel with butter keeps me full for 5 seconds. Then I’m starving again…LOL. I need more. Let’s get into what I’m eating for breakfast lately. I’m also not inventing anything new here, I’m just sharing some yummy breakfasts that I love.
3 HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS:
- Full-fat Oikos Yogurt
- Berries (blueberries & raspberries are my favourite)
- Granola with dark chocolate chips
This is the simplest but YUMMIEST yogurt bowl ever. And believe me when I say, it will keep you going well past lunch. You may even forget to eat lunch somedays. It’s take less that 3 minutes to make and all you do it throw a bunch of goodies in a bowl, and you’re good to go. I always have blueberries, raspberries or strawberries in the house. They are very much a staple in our home.
Also, the KEY to this yogurt bowl is the granola! You NEED good granola. Something that’s very fresh, crunchy, and has chocolate chips. I love the added sweetness with the dark chocolate.
Anyway, give this bowl a try, because it’s a good healthy breakfast idea!
PURPLE FRUIT SMOOTHIE:
- Full-fat Oikos Yogurt
- Oat Milk
- Half an avocado
- Wild Blueberries
- A few frozen chunks of mango
- A slice of lemon WITH the rind. (JUST TRUST ME)
- Almond Butter
Blend this all up and you get the most beautiful, delicious purple smoothie. This smoothie is a MEAL. It’s full of healthy fats and all the goodness. You can obviously substitute whatever you want in here. If you’re not a full fat yogurt person, do fat-free. If you don’t like oat milk, do almond milk. Switch it up however you want. But if you’re doing wild blueberries, DON’T skip the slice of lemon.
One of my friends, Erika gave me this genius tip of putting in a slice of lemon into my smoothie and it literally changed my life. LOL. I will never not put a slice of lemon in my smoothie again. It’s soooo good, just do it and thank me later.
- Steel cut oats
- A splash of oat milk
- Any kind of fruit – I love strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- Crushed walnuts
- Drizzle of honey
This is one of my favourite healthy breakfast ideas! It’s a warm(ish) bowl which is so hearty and healthy. I like to either make some fresh oats first thing in the morning or warm up the leftovers from the day before. Obviously making them fresh takes more time but they do taste better when fresh. You can add any kind of fruit you like. When peaches were in season, I did a lot of that, and they were delicious!
I’m going to leave with you these three because this is what I’m currently loving. Yes, I switch it up every couple of days and I’ll throw in omelettes and such.
If you guys have any good breakfast recipes, send them my way. I love trying new things!
++ And OMG, if you liked this post, check out my recipe for the BEST AVOCADO TOAST EVER.
+++ And if you’re into morning routines, you will want to read this post!