When it comes to the health of our hair, we all have TONS of hair questions. AMIRIGHT?! When I took to Instagram and mentioned that I was bringing on a hair expert to the blog, I asked you guys to send in all your hair questions. My inbox was full with great questions. Everything from hair loss to thinning hair, specific products for hair types, hair growth tips and so much more.
Well, today I’m bringing on Professional Stylist from Joico Canada, Mélissa Duguay who answers ALL your hair questions in this video.
A little about Mélissa Duguay:
Award winning hair stylist Mélissa Duguay has established herself as a creative professional with an instinctive ability to bring out the unique beauty of each subject. Her style may range from clean simplicity to rogue bursts of unexpected colour, and her exquisite precision and flawless technique are consistently impeccable. Her passion, dedication, and innovative creations have built her a successful and dynamic career enabling her to join the artistic team. A gifted artist, unparalleled colourist and truly caring and warm individual, Mélissa epitomizes the true spirit of Joico artistry.
So, without further ado, let’s welcome Mélissa Duguay to The Chic Confidential. Watch the video where she answers ALL your hair questions.
View this post on Instagram
GUYS – a few weeks ago I had asked you all to send in any hair questions you had because I was bringing on a hair expert to answer them. Well today on IGTV, Melissa Duguay, award-winning @joicocanada hair stylist, is tackling ALL these questions. Everything from hair loss, thinning hair, products for curly hair, and so much more. Check out what she has to say.
So, to recap what our hair expert, Mélissa Duguay says in the video:
For thinning hair/hair loss:
- Need to figure out what the reasoning is for hair loss. Is it stress-related, hormonal, genetics? Figure that out first.
- We typically lose about 100-400 hairs a day on average.
- If you wash your hair only once a week, then you will lose a little more hair, because it’s been in a ponytail.
- Scrub your scalp twice to get the follicles going.
For thicker/voluminous hair…
- Get a blunt haircut for a fuller look.
- Joico Joiful Line that helps with volumizing and thickness.
Hair growth tips…
- Regular visits to your hairstylist. Over time you will get split-ends and those ends will break off. Get haircuts between 6-8 weeks.
- Growth comes within. Check out your diet and make sure you’re eating healthy.
- Use the Joico Deep reconstructor hair mask for hair growth.
If you’re seeing bald spots…
- Go see your doctor.
- It could be stress-related, menopausal, alopecia, medication you’re taking, eating habits, hormonal, pregnancy related.
- Talk to your doctor about bald spots.
What to do with dandruff…
- Cleanse your hair well at the scalp (twice!)
- Basically you need to move the dry skin around and eventually get it out.
- You should also condition your scalp. Right your scalp like your skin. You moisturize your face every night, so you should hydrate and moisturize your scalp as well.
Natural products for extra fine hair…
- You get a lot Fatty lipids in natural products, which are thick and oily. That will weigh down extra fine hair. So stay away from those.
- Joico has sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner which is really great for extra fine hair without weighing it down.
Styling tips for naturally curly hair…
- Joico Zero Heat Styling Cream – It’s meant to air dry your hair leaving it without frizz.
- Use a diffuser on low heat if you need.
Should you shampoo twice?
- If you wash your hair once a week, YES.
- It all depend on your lifestyle.
- It’s not recommended to wash your hair everyday.
Thanks so much to our expert, Melissa for answering all our hair questions! That was so detailed and helpful. Should we bring her back for another session?
Was this helpful for you guys? Please tell me in the comments below. Also, if you have any other hair questions, feel free to leave them below!
+ If you enjoyed this post, check out How To Get The Perfect Beach Waves at Home.
++ Also, check out my 5-minute face for the girl that’s G2G!