Omg, who else is SO on board with juicing?! Like, it’s chic and healthy, and the benefits of juicing are endless, really! Everyone needs to get on board.
So, let me backtrack for a quick second here. I LOVE a good cold-pressed, organic kale/lemon/ginger juice situation. Extra ginger please. And stick in a glass straw. J
I just think it’s the best way to get in all your servings of fruits and veggies. I’m not the best when it comes to eating fruits. Maybe I’m just a total lazy-ass, but there’s something about getting a cold fruit out of the fridge, and then washing it, and then cutting it. It’s just a big process that I’m not into. You know?
I’m huge on veggies. Love me a big stir-fry of anything! But you need your intake of fruits just as much.
Whenever I feel like I’m about to get sick, I run to the nearest juice place and ask them for a shot of apple/ginger/lemon/turmeric/cayenne pepper. It’s AMAZING. This instantly boosts my immune system and gives me that kick of Vitamin C. It’s also really yummy!
Every time Andrew and I go for a walk, I complain about not having a juice place within walking distance of us. I would really just enjoy a neighbourhood that sold cold-pressed juices, you know?
[ Insert the perfect juicer ]
Well, thank God for the Hurom H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer, now Andrew won’t hear me complain about not having a juice place near by!
GUYS, OMIGOD! I’m SOOO excited about this juicer. I have been trying and testing out a few juice recipes, and loving it. Like I said, the benefits of juicing are endless. When we got this juicer, Andrew legit rolled his eyes at me for getting yet another kitchen gadget, but now he’s literally begging for fresh juices. You’re welcome babe.
I’m totally obsessed with this juicer though. Every night I make a juice and save it in my little juice jar for the morning! I’ll usually get a juice in my system before a coffee. It just gets everything in your system moving, you know? And we always want to keep things moving and healthy.
If you guys are looking for a good Christmas present, add this to your list, asap. Trust me, you will LOVE this.
Here’s what I love about this juicer:
- Scrub-Free Cleaning: HELLO EASY CLEANING!! Hence the name of this juicer! When I saw this one, I knew it was the one for me. As much as I am lazy when it comes to eating fruits, I’m even lazier when it comes to cleaning the juicer! LOL. With the new strainers with large, elongated grooves, you literally just have to rinse it. Thank GOD.
- Tilted Chamber & Juice Outlet: The 3-degree tilt inside the chamber and juice outlet will let you more easily pour out the juice and leave less mess inside the juicer.
- Slow Squeeze Technology: The H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer rotates at a speed of just 43 revolutions per minute to mimic the motion of a hand squeezing juice. This actually gives you the freshest juice ever. YZ PLZ.
- Taste & Pulp Control: I actually love a little pulp in my juice, so this was amazing! The H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer comes with a control lever and a fine and coarse strainer that allows you to control the amount of pulp to suit your taste.
- Versatility: Works wonderfully on fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, nuts and soybeans to create nutritious cold-pressed juices, smoothies, nut milks, and more.
I also love these two recipes:
CELERY, APPLE, LEMON, GINGER:
I’ve read a tons of blogs lately on the benefits of juicing celery! There’s just SO much goodness. Celery is loaded with essential minerals and vitamins such as folate, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin K and vitamin C. It’s also amazing for skin, so YES.
- 1 whole stock of celery
- 2-3 apples
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 inch of ginger
- Cut up long pieces of celery.
- Cut up 2-3 apples, depending on size and sweetness. I like about 2 apples.
- Mix in 1 whole lemon. I also love a citrusy taste.
- 1 inch of ginger – I like about 2 inches of ginger because YUM.
BERRY, LEMON, KIWI, GRAPE JUICE:
If you’re looking for a good detox juice, and one that boosts energy, this one is for you! Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C and contains antioxidants, while lemons help remove toxins from the body.
- 1/3 cup of grapes
- 1/3 cup of kiwi
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1/3 lemon
- Peel lemon and kiwi and cut into appropriate sizes for the juicer.
- Remove stems from strawberries and grapes.
- Throw everything into the juicer and enjoy over ice!
The Benefits of Juicing:
- Fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins and minerals.
- Juices are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds that boost the immune system.
- Juices flush out toxins from the body.
- Juices help improve digestion by introducing healthy enzymes that make the gut work more efficiently.
- Juicing improves the blood circulation, transporting oxygen to the whole body and to the brain, keeping you on the ball and buzzing.
Do you guys have any good juice recipes I should try out? Share in the comments. I’m dying to try out some new ones.
+ If you liked this post, check out 3 Festive Holiday Drinks For Your Holiday Parties.
++ Oh and, I did a 5 Day Juice Cleanse – Check out how that went!
SHOP MY KITCHEN:
Photos by Victoria J.