Okay, I feel like I have teased about this avocado toast recipe on Instagram for a while now. It’s time to share!
A little backstory if you will…
When we weren’t in lockdown, Andrew and I went for breakfast to Sunset Grill. I know, how boring right? We really didn’t feel like venturing out and picked the closest, easiest place for breakfast. If I’m being honest, we never go out for breakfast because Andrew is so major in the kitchen, and usually whips us up the best breakfasts ever. I never feel like I need to go out for breakfast.
But this one Saturday we were just too lazy and decided to hit up the nearest Sunset Grill. Andrew got some 3-egg, bacon and sausage meal, and I decided to try out the avocado toast. HOLY S%*#! This was the best avocado toast I had ever eaten. Like, not basic AT ALL, K?
So, we pretty much spent the entire time discussing this toast, how to make it, what ingredients we thought were in it, and then ran to the grocery store for the ingredients.
The very next day I made the exact same toast. It’s TOO good not to share. So, let’s jump right into this recipe, shall we? Because you’ll be running to the grocery store just like I did.
AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Sliced Kalamata Olives
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (The expensive kind)
- Feta Cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sourdough Toast
AVOCADO PUREE MIXTURE:
- Cut up your avocados and put them in a bowl. Then cut up your cherry tomatoes into small pieces and add to the bowl. Not too many, but a few for sweetness.
- Chop up your basil and cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Cut up a small piece of red onion into fine little squares and add to the bowl.
- Pour some EVOO in the bowl. I say the expensive kind, because it really does make a HUGE difference. Andrew and I have a cheaper bottle for everyday use, and then one that’s expensive for drizzling over bread, pasta, and…avocado toast.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice in the bowl.
- Add a couple dashes of Italian seasoning.
MIX ALL OF THIS REALLY WELL. Like, really mash up that avocados until they are almost a purée.
- Now that you’ve got your purée ready to go, grab your slice of sourdough toast and toast it.
- Add your avocado purée onto the toast.
- Get your sliced Kalamata olives and add a generous amount to the toast.
- Thinly slice your red onion in long strips and add that on top of the toast.
- Lastly sprinkle your feta cheese on top.
- And of course, drizzle your expensive EVOO one final time over the toast.
ENJOY EVERY F*CKING BITE.
This has been my go-to breakfast for a while now. I cannot stop! Like, thank God avocados are a healthy fat. If you guys try this recipe, tag me on Insta @thechicconfidential.
Do you do avocado toast for breakfast? Share your unique recipe in the comments.
++ If you enjoyed this post, check out My Healthy Morning Routine.
+++ Oh and also, The Most Delicious Salad Bowls Ever!!