When it comes to the holiday parties, there’s nothing I love more than festive drinks. I mean, it is the holidays! Why NOT get creative with your drinks, am I right?!
This Christmas, Andrew and I are hosting quite a bit, because 1. We LOVE to host. And 2. We’re in our new place together, which makes it even more fun.
So, of course we decorated the place mid November. Some may say that’s too early (ahem, Andrew) but not me. Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year, so the earlier, the better. I’ve been playing Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas’ on repeat – everyday. Super annoying for Andrew 😉
Anyway, let’s get into 3 festive drinks for your holiday party. They are easy, SUPER FUN, and obviously tasty. All your guests will want to Instagram them too, which is SUCH a plus if you ask me. They have been tested and tried many times, so you’re in good hands.
- Maple syrup
- Hendricks gin
- Muddle cranberries, rosemary, and maple syrup in a shaker.
- Add Hendricks gin and cranberry juice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into glass and add a splash of champagne (or prosecco)
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz cranberry juice
- ¼ oz triple sec
- ¼ oz fresh lime juice
- Throw in a couple cranberries and a fresh stick of thyme leaves for garnish
- If you want to get super fancy, rim your glass with white sugar. (Half rimmed)
Candy Cane Mimosas:
- This festive drink is totally INSTAGRAMABLE!
- All it is, is chilled champagne or prosecco.
- Add a couple splashes of your favourite juice (Cranberry for red colour)
- I also just love grapefruit.
- Add a whole candy cane to your drink. YUMMM.
Also – cute ideas for garnishes:
- Lemon/Lime rind
- Fresh Basil Leaf
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Candy canes
- Strawberries, blueberries, cranberries
- Wedge of Lime for the rim
- Edible stir sticks
- Herbed ice cubes
I’d say EVERYONE loves a good detail, but that may just be me…
Also, some other good ways to spruce up your party drinks is to get festive with napkins, cute champagne flutes, or tumbler glasses. These are cheaper ways to include some festive decor to your kitchen table. Serve your drinks with a gold foil napkin. ….DETAILS….
K, what do you guys think? Do you think you’ll try these festive drinks for your holiday party?
If so, you NEED to tag me on Insta. @thechicconfidential
+ check out 3 gifts EVERYONE will want for Christmas.