Hi hi hi!
Okay so, if you’ve been following on Insta/Snapchat, then you know that I was on this 30-day yoga challenge recently. Basically it entails doing yoga every single day for 30 days straight. Sure, I fell off the wagon here and there, but nobody’s perfect 😉 Point is, I completed the challenge and felt fucking amazing.
I did 30 minutes to 1 hour videos everyday. I just chose a good video on Youtube (they have TONS!) and followed along. If I felt like working out my core, I chose a core-strengthening video. If I wanted to work on my posture, I chose a chest and back yoga video. They literally have everything! I’ve listed some of my favourite yoga Youtubers below.
So, now that I’m done my 30-day challenge, what happens now? NOW, I continue it. Not every day, but most days. I try and get to my mat at least 3-4 out of the 7 days in the week. Yoga isn’t just for increasing flexibility, or getting tighter. It’s also a mental relaxation. Phone goes off, Saje diffuser comes on, and I’m alone practicing in silence. Remember my post on self-care? Well this is self-care right here. I’m not only taking care of my body, but I’m also taking care of my mind.
Don’t get me wrong, some days it’s a shit show – Andrew is in the kitchen cooking and making noise, I’m too lazy to turn on the Saje diffuser, and my mind is racing with thoughts that won’t go away. Like, let’s be real – this is life. What can you do? You can still get your 30 minutes of yoga in, and move on. Maybe tomorrow will be better? (It usually is)
Point is – I make every effort to get in some kind of exercise, every single day. Because it’s SO important, guys.
If there is ONE thing you can take away from this blog post, it’s that you should be getting in some exercise, DAILY.
It doesn’t need to be yoga, or a full hour at the gym. Let me tell you – you have options.
My favourite kind of exercise is actually walking. It’s the EASIEST to get in daily, and you feel great. Again, it doesn’t need to be this long-ass power walk. But getting in some steps daily is good for SO MANY THINGS. Here’s a few:
- Helps improve your mood.
- Your creative juices will start flowing
- Lowers your blood sugar levels
- Healthier heart
- Increased energy
- Reduces stress
- Strengthens bones and joints
- Increases metabolism
I can go on. And like it said, walking is actually the easiest ways to get your body moving and get in shape. Let me give you some EASY examples of getting your steps in:
- Park further away. Walk a little to get to your destination.
- Take the stairs. If you live on a high floor (like I do) get off a few floors earlier and walk up 5 flights.
- Dance around your living room. This one has to be my favourite. Put on your favourite song, grab a duster, and clean and dance at the same time. That’s an easy 400 steps.
- Take an extra lap at the grocery store before checking out.
- Use your hour lunch break to get outside. Window shop, enjoy the outdoors, stroll in the park, do whatever to get those steps in.
- Vacuum your home. And throw a pair of heels on while you’re at it. You’ll not only get in steps, but you’ll also be working out your legs.
Easy right?? And none of those require the damn treadmill. Although, if you’ve got the motivation to walk/run on the treadmill for an hour, all the power to you!
Let’s talk about motivation though. Because this is KEY. Some day’s you have it, and other day’s you’re like…NO THX, give me all the carbs right now. We ALL have those days. I’ve recently been using the Suunto 3 Fitness watch, and I’ve kind of noticed that my motivation has been UP! Like, really UP. More than it’s ever been. I’ve actually enjoyed parking further away, taking the stairs, and vacuuming with heels on.
My goal everyday is 10K steps.
Let me tell you more about the Suunto 3 Fitness watch. It’s for those who lead and want to lead an active lifestyle and value health and well-being. Suunto 3 Fitness comes with convenient wrist heart rate measurement, and a heart rate-based fitness indicator that determines your current fitness level. The watch automatically creates seven-day training plans, using your fitness level and overall exercise history as a base. Suunto 3 Fitness provides 24/7 activity tracking for steps and calories, and also tracks your sleep quality. This indicates how well sleep supports your recovery, enabling you to keep up with your active lifestyle. You can also connect your smart phone, which delivers incoming calls, text messages and calendar notifications to the watch.
Product highlights in a nutshell:
- Adaptive training guidance
- Activity tracking with steps, calories and sleep
- Built-in sport modes for running, swimming, cycling, gym training and many more
- Accelerometer-based speed, pace and distance for walking and running
- Water resistant to 30 meters, swimming proof
And not only does the watch do ALLLL of the above, it’s also super chic. Mine’s white and gold. They come in a few different colours: an all-black, turquoise, and bubble gum pink.
Anyway, if you need a motivator, check out this watch! It’s V cute.
K, so do you guys count your steps? Tell me HOW you gain motivation.
Photography by Victoria Jmourko.